Sunday 1 April 2018

Communion - Not A Memorial


Dear Blogger Friends,
 
Here is your inspirational message below!

 
On this Easter day, I noted that we are being referred as sinners whom He died for in accordance to Scriptures to pay for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3). I have read how the apostle Paul explained that. Charles Wesley says, ‘Thus we remember Thee and take this bread and wine as Thine dying own legacy, our redemption’s sign’ as he had mentioned inside the Every Day with Jesus devotional text today. I reflect on how Jesus Christ would not drink the fruit of the vine until He has returned to earth. In fact, the fruit of the vine symbolizes the joy and blessedness in the Father’s kingdom (Matthew 26:29). Indeed, the apostle Paul reminds us that we should die to old self to become a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
 
I also reflect on how Christ has come as a Lamb of God to represent as a bride of the Church (Revelation 19:7-9). I agree with PT Forsyth who has questioned that we could not have the mere memorial for the One who is still alive as present today as PT also highlighted this out inside the devotional text today.

By this, I truly thank God that He has cast’ away doubts in my life like how He did to Thomas to convict my spirit to believe that Christ is indeed risen and is alive in me today (John 20:24-31).
 
Let Christ take away our doubts today!
 
(Written by Jeremy Koh, 1st April 2018)
 
Profile Background Source:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with a Diploma Degree from School Of Ministry In’ Tung Ling Bible College (1999) and TCA College (2003) with Certificate Degree in Bible and Ministry.’ Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months.  Today, Jeremy is an active member, a volunteer & an Inclusion Ambassador in Disabled People Association and YouthCorps Singapore serving in Special Needs Cluster, Friends of Engagement TaskForce and that he does volunteer in multiple places too in the area of disability related contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...