Friday 2 July 2021

Peter’s conviction

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon what Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God” (JOHN 6:68-69, NIV), I pondered upon how Jesus asked a question to His twelve apostles, “Do you want to leave too?” truly, I saw how Peter (pre apostolic person) had to choose among other options between choosing the door to eternal life and going back to normal life such as supporting his family again – taking the boat to catch fishes that are multiplying in the sea.

Today, I choose Jesus + having eternal life through Him and this prompts me to share the gospel of eternal life with pre-believers (able-bodied & PwDs) that they’ll have Jesus eternally. As the apostle Paul said, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” (ROMANS 1:16, NIV).

Do you choose to live your current life or choose to accept the words of eternal life which Jesus gives today?

As the Psalmist said, “Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you” (PSALM 73:25, NIV)

(Written by Jeremy Koh, 7th July 2019)

Profile Background:

Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE that serves the Special Needs Community at-large in society today.

Prayer Response to this featured article:

Jesus, give us grace to live enthusiastically take your Truth to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...