Saturday 11 December 2021

The Season of Advent


Advent brings us about the seasonal Christmas preparation as we prepare our hearts for Christ’s second coming. Truly, it’s the season that we can all rejoice!

This gives me the reason to pray for God to cleanse me from all sins of dirt away and for Him to sanctify my whole body of being as I present myself as a blameless creature while I wait for Christ’s second coming return as I noted how the apostle Paul prayed, “May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thessalonians 5:24, NIV)

Truly, we got to prepare our hearts as we look forward to Christ’s return who’ll be clothed with great power and glory around Him (Mark 13:26, NIV). By this, I praise God to understand how my life is filled with God promises through the incarnation, and fulfillment of Christ’s second coming. As such, I let Christ renew my hope and vision of Him through His saving grace of salvation so that I can grow my faith (Ephesians 2:8a, NIV) with a clearer perspective on the life that He has intended for me today. So, I take time reflect upon Christ who’s my source of salvation as I look forward to His return and live with the view of eternity ahead.

Hence, the season of Advent offers us an opportunity to invest some time and energy for us to consider how our lives reflect the character and promise of God on earth that portrays the biblical story of Christmas today, while I reflected upon my weekend’s reading.

Are you living your faith out as you reflect upon Christ – the source of your salvation as you look forward to Christ’s return and live with the view of eternity today?

(Written by Jeremy Koh, 28th November 2021)

Profile Background:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE that serves the Special Needs Community at-large in society today.

Prayer Response to this featured article:
Jesus, help us to live out our life in the view of eternity as you renew our hope and vision of your saving grace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...