Thursday 15 February 2018

A Prayer to Keep God First This Lunar New Year


Contributed Source By Jeremy Koh
As this Lunar New Year begins, the very first thing that I would like to do is to thank God for the new year that have arrived. As I mediated upon what has the apostle Paul said "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17). This prompts me to thank God for making all things new where He has allowed the good along with the hard things as well as the bad ones into my life, reminding me how much I need Jesus and relying on His presence filling me every single day.
  
Jesus, I pray for your Spirit to lead me each step of this Lunar New Year guiding my decisions and turning my heart to deeply desire you above all else. Jesus, I pray that you will open doors needing to be opened and close the ones needing to be shut tight. I pray that you would help me release my grip on the things to which you’ve said “No,” “Not Yet’,” or “Wait.”
 
Jesus, I pray for your help to pursue you first, above every dream and desire you’ve put within my heart. Jesus, I pray for your wisdom, for your strength and power to be constantly present within me. I pray that you would make me strong and courageous for the road ahead. Give me ability beyond what I feel able, letting your gifts flow freely through me, so that you would be honored by my life, and others would be drawn to you.
 
What is your prayer for the new-year as you place God first in your life today?
  
Profile Background Source:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with a Diploma Degree from School Of Ministry In’ Tung Ling Bible College (1999) and TCA College (2003) with Certificate Degree in Bible and Ministry.’ Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months.  Today, Jeremy is an active member, a volunteer & an Inclusion Ambassador in Disabled People Association and YouthCorps Singapore serving in Special Needs Cluster, Friends of Engagement TaskForce and that he does volunteer in multiple places too in the area of disability related contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...