Tuesday 25 December 2018

3 Kinds of Peace God Wants to Give You This Christmas




3 Kinds of Peace God Wants to Give You This Christmas:
I often wonder what place would’ it be’ if men and women do not have peace with God, with the world and with each other, there would be things turning upside down. Today, as I meditated upon the verse that says, “God sent Christ to make peace between himself and us” (2 Corinthians 5:18a CEV) on a Christmas Day thanking God for giving me this spiritual peace as I receive it into my life where I be’ at peace with myself, with family members and with the world.

And, I consider the three kinds of peace that God wants to give to you and me.

And, they are namely:
  1. Peace with God – this is spiritual peace which Apostle Paul describes in 2 Corinthians 5:18 as he says, “God sent Christ to make peace between himself and us.” This shows how God doesn’t want you and me to live disconnected’ from Him and peace with God doesn’t come from something we do but peace with God comes from what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross.
  2. Peace within – emotional peace. It’s a peace’ of God inside us as the apostle Paul says “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts” (Colossians 3:15 NIV) reminding us how God wants His peace to rule in our lives for He provides peace for every problem.
  3. Peace with others – the Lord offers relational peace. The apostle Paul says in Ephesians 2:16 NLT second edition “Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.
Indeed, the further we are from God more of our relationships with others are messed’ up.

I also ponder on how you & I are to strengthen our relationship with God then strengthening our relationship with others like family members and friends to pull us together. I believe on how peace is a free gift from God than an unattainable dream.

Do you desire to have this peace from God? For me, I truly want it.
 
(Written by Jeremy Koh, 25th December 2016)

Profile Background Source:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with a Diploma Degree from School Of Ministry In’ Tung Ling Bible College (1999) and TCA College (2003) with Certificate Degree in Bible and Ministry.’ Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months.  Today, Jeremy is an active member, a volunteer & an Inclusion Ambassador in Disabled People Association and YouthCorps Singapore  serving in Special Needs Cluster, RunningHour Member/Committee Member, MINDS Youth Group Volunteer, and a Well-Being Cultivatator in  GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia PTE LTD and he is serving under Youth Wing as a Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...