Friday 2 April 2021

The Ultimate Discovery

As I meditated upon how centurion said while looking at Jesus on the cross, “Surely this man was the Son of God!” (Mark 15:39b, NIV), I saw how Jesus cried out with the strength of voice placing His trust of firm confidence in God as He expired with His last breath on the cross. Truly, I read how the old Chinese scholar said, “Didn’t I tell you there ought to be a God like that?” as he raised his question to one of his pupils inside the Every Day Light online devotional text. Indeed, the psalmist also asked, “Does he who formed the eye not see?” (Psalm 94:9b, NIV) explaining how accuracy and the workmanship of the eye of a God who sees & hears everything that are happening in the world today. By this, I read how the apostle Paul spoke on the central message on the cross and how the message of Christ’s crucifixion was being viewed as power of the cross (1 Corinthians 1:17 NIV).

I recalled how the apostle Jesus answered the Pilate and said, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin” and by this, He described how He had committed no sin and were taking on the sin of all people as a true Messiah being the Son of God (John 19:11, NIV). 

To this, I read how a leading Muslim said, “A God who would stoop and suffer is not perfect” during a television debate where the leaders of the world’s religions stumbled over this upon hearing him as mentioned inside the Every Day Light online devotional text. Indeed, Browning said, “He that created love, shall He not love?” and how a Hindu commented saying, “If Brahman would suffer He would be unhappy, and if He were unhappy He would be imperfect, and if He were imperfect” as they also mentioned their points inside the Every Day Light online devotional text too.

Hence, this prompts me to rejoice in the resurrection of Christ as I live victoriously knowing that Jesus is my hope as I joyously share the gospel with pre–believers today, and how the cross raised on Calvary is a reflection of an inner cross lying in the heart of God as I did my reading reflection today.

What does the cross mean to you as you reflect upon it?

 (Written by Jeremy Koh, 8th January 2021)

 Profile Background:

Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE that serves the Special Needs Community at-large in society today.

 Prayer Response to this featured article:

Jesus, we see how self-giving love is the meaning behind the cross, and the meaning of the universe;


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...