Sunday 17 April 2022

Resurrection and Life

 

As I meditated upon how Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25–26, NIV), I see how Jesus boldly proclaims and said, “I am the resurrection and the life” showing how He can raise Lazarus who has been dead for four days and that He was now been restored to life by Jesus when He said, ‘Lazarus, come out!’ (John 11:43, NIV). Indeed, Jesus spoke life to Lazarus and every corpse in the communal tomb that had to be resuscitated up from death for He is the resurrection and the life forever.

Today, I thank Jesus that He can resurrect me to life from the corpses of my dead bones and how He has given me the joy to live this resurrected life as I journey this new life ahead – urging me to place my confidence in His promise of life beyond the grave after He finds me in my darkest night where He leads me into a new day (John 11:9–10, NIV).

Truly, Thomas à Kempis (1380–1471) wrote, ‘If you have ever seen a man die, remember that you, too, must go the same way. In the morning consider that you may not live till evening, and when evening comes do not dare to promise yourself the dawn. Be always ready, therefore, and so live that death will never take you unprepared;’ (cited source from Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ (London: Penguin, 2005), Book I, chap. 23).

Indeed, Jesus offers everyone a fresh dawn as we live every day with Jesus and to discover life found through Him while I did my today’s reading.

What dreams will you invite God to resuscitate today?

Prayer Response to this featured article:
Jesus, resuscitate us with your resurrected life through our darkest night as we look towards the light of your love today.

(Written by Jeremy Koh, 11th October 2021 for Easter Sunday – 17th April 2022)

Profile Background:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE that serves the Special Needs Community at-large in society today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...