Saturday 30 July 2022

One Long Search for God

Notice:
On 9th August (Tues), your National Day Feature will be posted up from 3.00pm onwards.
 
As I meditated upon how Jesus said, “For it is from within, out of a person's heart, those evil thoughts come-sexual immorality, theft, murder” (Mark 7:21, NIV), I examined how Jesus referred to the evil things as false witness and blasphemy, murder, theft, adultery, lust & deceit that are committed by the action of deeds and through faculty of speech by mouth. As such, I saw how the men had changed God when they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal human beings and birds and animals and reptiles resulting in the sin of their disobedience (Romans 1:23, NIV). By this, I also see how the people on earth had been corrupted in their ways because of the sin of their humanity (Genesis 6:12b, NIV).

Indeed, I read how Herbert Spencer in Natural Law in the Spiritual World defines physical life as “inward correspondence with the outward environment” and through this, I see how we can be out of touch with God where we’ll be out of touch with ourselves and with others unless we know how to have “one long search for God” as one historian puts it, as their points were mentioned inside the Every Day Light online devotional text. And, I agree with two writers to say how our search for God must be found through the only way of the cross.

Hence, this encourages me to repent my sinful nature as I call out Jesus as my God today and draw myself away from being a self-lover, lover of money, boastful, proud, abusive, and disobedient to my parents while living an ungrateful and unholy life (2 Timothy 3:2, NIV) as I pondered through my today’s reading.

Who are you searching out as your God today?

Prayer Response to this featured article:
Thank you Jesus for setting us free from sin & death by the flames of Calvary;

(Written by Jeremy Koh, 5th January 2021)

Profile Background:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE (Affiliated with Youth Corps Singapore) that serves the Special Needs Community at–large in society today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...