Saturday 16 July 2022

Accepting the Inevitable

As I meditated upon how the Scriptures said, “But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction” (Job 36:15, NIV), I noted how Elihu saw affliction as a reflection of one’s past sins as he remembered them than him seeing afflictions as a discipline and restoration sent by God as he came into repentance before the LORD. Indeed, I see how sufferings can lead one to pay more attention to His Word, leading him to open his ears to LORD’S inward voice. Indeed, I read how Oswald Chambers said, “Life is more tragic than orderly” and I observed how Chambers knew that unless Christians are willing to grapple with this truth and accept it, they will be plagued by inner oughts and shoulds that lead them down the road of illusion, as he mentioned about these points inside the Every Day Light online devotional text.

Hence, this encourages me to thank the LORD for drawing my attention to His Word, causing me to open my spiritual ears to hear the LORD’S inward voice speaking to me about the struggles that I am going with difficult circumstances and challenges in my life as I accept the harsh realities of life today. By this, I desire to boast about Christ through my sufferings like how the apostle Paul boasted about Christ through his sufferings (2 Corinthians 11:16-29, NIV) and this causes me to step out in faith to believe in the unseen things to be made visible (Hebrews 11:1, NIV) as I did my today’s reading.

Do you live your life by faith amidst of your sufferings and challenges today?

Prayer Response to this featured article:
Jesus, enable us to live without answers, yet not without you.

(Written by Jeremy Koh, 4th January 2021)

Profile Background:

Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE (Affiliated with Youth Corps Singapore) that serves the Special Needs Community at–large in society today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...