Saturday 3 June 2023

Charity without Question

My wife and I reared two children and prepared for our golden years. Then our daughter's marriage failed. She and our three grandchildren came to live with us. Now we are six people in a small frame house. My wife and I are back at work, and our plans for a leisurely life have been placed on hold. We went through a range of emotions and eventually settled in self-pity. By the third year, however, we began to look at our circumstances and ourselves from a different point of view - because of God’s word.

The Lord asked Cain, “Where is Abel thy brother?” “I know not” was Cain's response. Then Cain asked a question, the first question human beings asked of God: “Am I my brother's keeper?” (Genesis 4:9, KJV). The disciples had questions too. They came to Jesus as he sat on the Mount of Olives.

As he talked with them, Cain’s age-old question was answered. The Lord described our obligation to care for and to provide for others, that when we do this we are caring for Christ (Matthew 25:40, KJV)

Can we indeed drink of his cup, bear the cross, and lay down our lives for "the least of these"? We can and must. Without question, Jesus makes God's business our own. When we care for those in need, we care for Christ.

Today, how will you go about God’s business?

Profile Background:
(Written by Tom Henson – (Arkansas, USA) from Upper Room Ministries)

Prayer Response to this featured article:
We thank God that He casts away our sins & for us to live freely, as He continues to change us. We thank the Lord for giving us room to grow in new situations as we grow to share our spiritual faith with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...