Saturday 2 July 2022

The God who is there

As I did my weekend’s reading, I read how the Book of Job records the story of a godly man who underwent some of the most bitter experiences and how he began facing the reality of what has happened to him and declares that if he could have an interview with God he would tell Him exactly what he thought of Him (Job 23:1–17, NIV) and how he faced his hardships, recognizing how he really felt and admitted it that God came to him and answered him (Job 38:1–41:34, NIV).

As I meditated upon how the Scriptures said, “My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you” (Job 42:5, NIV), I noted how God didn’t give any answers to Job’s questions, yet the LORD gave himself to Job who had an encounter with God. And, I pondered how sometimes fear cripples me to think & feel uncertain knowing who God is to me where I prefer to take refuge in illusion, as I reflected upon the points inside the Every Day Light online devotional text. Indeed, this encourages me to face difficult issues & tackle them in my life and let God speak to me through them as I face the reality like how Job did.

Hence, I read how Isaiah asked “With whom, then, will you compare God? To what image will you liken him?” and how the LORD answered that He’s the Holy One who’s the creator of all things (Isaiah 40:18/25-26, NIV). Truly, I praise the LORD to say that there’s no other god like Him who’s so great and glorious as they are, that can be likened to God (1 Chronicles 17:20, Psalms 89:6, NIV) as I did my weekend’s reading.

Who is God to you today?

Prayer Response to this featured article:
Jesus, enrich us with your presence in our lives today.

(Written by Jeremy Koh, 3rd January 2021)

Profile Background:
Jeremy Koh is a disabled graduate from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore – formerly known as Spastic Children Association (1987-1997). He graduated with Certificates in Microsoft Office Skills. Jeremy has worked in ServeHope Pte Ltd – Project Assistant/Email Marketing Consultant for 5 years (March 2008 – August 2013). And, Jeremy did a research work for the keyguard at (these)abilites Pte Ltd handling all KeyGuard Operations for 10 months in World United College South East Asia (Tampines Branch). He was Executive Assistant with Vision Strategy Storytelling (3 months, Aug to Oct 2017). Jeremy worked as GB Connector in GrowthBeans Team in Savior-Asia Consulting Pte Ltd (October 2018 to December 2019). Today, he continues to be in GB Youth Organizing Team/as a GB Youth Facilitator in YouthCorps Singapore, a former member of the Special Needs Cluster in YCS, and a Founder in the ground up initiative project called – Project Story for LIFE (Affiliated with Youth Corps Singapore) that serves the Special Needs Community at–large in society today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foot-wash

As I did my today’s meditation, I pondered upon how the disciple Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, do you wash my feet? .... You shall never...